About Us

About Us

John Lord moved from Georgia to the New Port RIchey area in 1950 where he worked as a caretaker for several orange groves until taking a job as a laborer with a road construction crew. Having a great desire to learn how to run heavy equipment, especially the motor grader, but having no teacher, he asked the foreman to allow him to run the grader during the lunch hour. Through this daily practice he became a skilled and highly sought after operator. Having earned a reputation of skill and integrity, he desired to start his own company in order to bring his sons into the business with him and in 1972 John W. Lord & Sons was founded. Remaining true to the principles of honesty, integrity, and customer satisfaction, this family owned and operated paving company continues to serve the community.